I’ve been working soo soo hard getting ready to reveal and introduce some really new and exciting things for Brooke Tucker Photography clients! Things that have me smiling so much my cheeks hurt and have me jumping out of my skin that I just can’t contain how excited I really am! I don’t even think excitement is the word that covers how I’m feeling anymore!
Part of all of this brand new FUN to be revealed soon will come with 5 little somethings… and I promise all will be explained soon enough. Right now I know it’s all confusing and leaving you feeling your a bit lost but trust me, it will be worth the wait 😉
In the meantime, before I share all this new business excitement with you, I wanted to share a more personal side with you! I really wanted to share with you who I am and why I really love what I get to do. I wanted you to really understand why this is so much more than just a job and why children and family lifestyle photography is where my heart will always pull me!
So this week will be a lot of posts about where my business comes from, who I am and why my heart aches so much to do this!
First things first though, I wanted to start with 5 little things! 5 little things that really kind of sum me up!
1. I LOVE…. love love love (and am kind of addicted to) real coca cola classic! This probably sounds horrible but I grew up drinking it… for breakfast! It’s my hey, I’ve had a really rough day and I just need a drink. Its my go-to drink! It’s my ice cold beverage choice during a BBQ. It’s my favorite soda and there is nothing like a coca cola from the bottle, a real glass bottle! If I’m having a rough day, Tuck knows to bring me a coke! If we are celebrating something… he brings me a coke! I LOVE a great coca cola!
2. A warm, cable knit sweater! I am always cold! 100 degrees outside and you can find me in shorts and a sweater, seriously. My favorite is a warm, cable knit sweater, preferably in the color gray! There is just something that feels safe and calming about a cable knit and grey reminds me of my mornings on the beach with my mom and grand ma! I just think cable knit alone is fabulous!
3. The color Yellow! I have always loved the color yellow but it’s so hard to find the right color yellow. If I could I would paint my house yellow! It’s such a happy color and a fun color! When we first moved in our house we had one room that the previous owners had painted completely yellow. It was their son’s room and it was steeler yellow… BRIGHT YELLOW! It was crazy but I wanted to leave it because I just love yellow. It was so incredibly bright that for the first month Tuck and I kept running upstairs at night because we thought the light was always left on! It took us almost two years but we finally painted over the yellow, our guests are now thanking us! I know yellow can be crazy! It can be wild and bright and really out there, but that is why I adore it. I feel like I’m a little bit wild and bright and really out there sometimes! Once you pair yellow with a color like gray though it softens and they just complete each other so well and create this warm, comfortable connection. This how Tuck and I are! He’s the gray to my yellow and Lincoln… well, he’s our blue! 🙂
4. BISCUITS! There is nothing like a good buttered biscuit! My preference is from Hardees if it’s breakfast time, but I will take a biscuit from anywhere at anytime. Red lobster cheddar bay biscuit anyone?! I love a good biscuit with butter, or honey if it’s a puff! If I’m sick, I want a biscuit. If I’m super hungry, I want a biscuit. If we are having chicken… I want a biscuit! I just always want biscuits, with a coke please! My mom will also warn you to watch yourself while I’m eating one because apparently I eat them like a great white shark! My jaw comes forward as my head recedes back… I guess it’s pretty scary!
5. The ocean! I have always lived in Virginia Beach and will always live in Virginia Beach. It’s a part of my whole family. My entire family has been born and raised here, which is extremely rare! I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to raise my son here now; as well and let him experience the ocean the way that I was able to when I was little. I still remember taking bike rides with my parents when I was probably his age or smaller. I can remember only because the smell of honey suckle brings me back. Do you ever have smells that can do that for you? The smell of honey suckle and the salty ocean air can do that for me! Whenever I smell the beach or the ocean I instantly feel calm and at peace. It reminds me of so many wonderful memories! Memories of long beach days with my parents, days playing with both my grandmothers who I miss dearly, and nights spent building sand castles. Sometimes I take this area for granted and I forget just how lucky I am. There are always those nights though when I step outside and sit on my deck (coke in hand of course) and as the breeze passes over I can smell the ocean air and I remember how truly blessed I am!
These are just a few things that really define who I am! Just 5 things that when most people think of me this is what also comes to mind! There are other’s of course like my love for Harry Potter, how much I love bubbles and how my hair is always in some kind of pony tail! Those 5 above are the ones that really have the stories that mean the most to me.
What 5 little things can you think of or write down to describe who you are?!
Images courtesy of Elizabeth Friske Photography!!!!